The Marshall JMD1 has been getting a lot of attention from die-hard tube heads as it claims to marry the convenience and configurability of digital technology with the balls and rock n roll of tubes.
Our man Rob Chappers spent some quality time with the JMD1 to see if it lived up to the hype.
- Power Output: 100W
- Preamp: Digital Natural Harmonic Technology
- Poweramp Valves: 2 x EL34
- Preamplifier Topologies: 16
- Modulation Effects: Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Tremolo, Noise Gate.
- Delay Effects: Hi-Fi Analogue, Tape, Multi
- Tap tempo control: Yes
- Reverb: Independent custom voiced
- FX Loop: Yes
- Midi in: Yes
- Midi Thru: Yes
- Stompware controller: Supplied
- Emulated Line out: XLR
- Headphone out: 1/4in Jack
- Line In: 1/4in Jack
- Preamp out: 1/4in Jack
- Effects loop: Serial / Parallel -10dBV / +4dBu with mix control
- Speaker output: 1x16 Ohms, 1x8 Ohms, 2x 16 Ohms
MSRP $1350 / £719