The new Effectrode HELIOS fuzz pedal, previewed by us back in August, is built on a vintage, hand-selected space-grade pencil tube and N.O.S. point-contact crystal diodes. A spokesperson told us, "This combination of tube gain stages followed by a crystal diode asymmetric clipping circuit delivers an incredibly warm and rich fuzzed guitar tone whilst preserving clarity and string-to-string definition. At full throttle this little pedal generates immense, bold fuzz tones with endless amounts of smooth liquid sustain that stretches notes into infinity."
- All-Tube: 100% pure analogue vacuum tube audio path operating at amp plate voltages.
- Fuzz Flexbility: Stacks of fuzz sounds from devastating over-the-top tube amp 'blocking distortion', to classic 70s Page and Clapton fuzz – the fuzz cleans-up very nicely when the guitar volume knob is rolled back to produce warm, tubey drive tones.
- 'Fire' Switch: Allows the second tube stage to be operated at reduced plate voltage (starvation) to generate a wide range of coarser, 'spluttery' fuzz tones.
- Crystal Diodes: A unique cascaded arrangement of crystal diodes gives the HELIOS more dynamic range and a rich, complex tone.
- True Bypass: With Effectrode's unique 'anti-pop' or 'thump' footswitching circuitry
- Fitted with NOS gilded grid tube: The gold content is 5.4 mg in grids of both triodes. Military quality, "OTK" and military rhombus signed on the body – manufactured by MELZ plant (Moscow city, Soviet Union).
- Includes 12V Wall-wart Power Supply: High quality low-noise switched mode 12VDC at 1.5A wall-wart compatible with all Effectrode pedals. Accepts 100V to 240VAC mains input and comes with different mains outlet adaptor plugs, so there is always a plug that fits the country that you are playing in.
Pricing and Availability:
Available now from the Effectrode web-store.
$309 / £229