External FireWire Audio Solution for PC and Macintosh 20/01/05
Nice, ain't it?
Press Release from Hercules
Hercules Technologies is delighted to announce the release of Hercules 16/12
FW, the first FireWire 24-bit 96kHz 16-In/12-Out audio and MIDI interface for PC and Macintosh.
“FireWire technology opens up new horizons for audiophiles in search of an external, powerful digital audio hard disk
recording system,” states Bruno Ormel, Sound and Video Business Unit Director at Hercules. “Hercules is constantly
striving to take advantage of the most innovative technologies in order to offer all the advanced features computer users
are looking for. With Hercules 16/12 FW, Hercules is bringing this new standard in audio quality and performance to all
musicians, whether they use a PC or a Macintosh, a desktop or a laptop. Hercules 16/12 FW represents the next level in
high-quality digital music production and is the first fully-equipped, affordable external FireWire audio interface for all
Hercules 16/12 FW is perfect for bands. Whether playing live, recording in the studio or just jamming in a rehearsal
space, the possibilities are endless with the convenient Hercules 16/12 FW external unit connected to a desktop or laptop
computer via its blazingly fast FireWire interface.
Hercules 16/12 FW is the flagship product in Hercules’ groundbreaking new line of digital audio products. It is equipped
with all the advanced features musicians need:
• Sturdy external FireWire audio interface mountable in a standard 1U / 19” rack unit.
• Up to 16-In/12-Out simultaneous multi-track recording on PC and Mac OS X via FireWire (IEEE 1394)
• 24-bit 96kHz audio sampling with professional-quality converters.
• 16 independent inputs including 12 analog In, 1 coaxial In (stereo) and 1 optical In (stereo).
• 12 independent outputs including 8 analog Out, 1 coaxial Out (stereo) and 1 optical Out (stereo).
• 2 mic/instrument pre-amps with switchable 48-volt phantom power via Neutrik™ combo (XLR/TRS) connectors
• 2 MIDI In and 2 MIDI Out via standard DIN jacks (32 channels In/32 channels Out).
• Word Clock I/O synchronization via BNC connectors.
• No latency with direct hardware monitoring.
• Compatible with all the most popular audio software applications.
• Full driver package for Mac OS X (Core audio) and Windows (ASIO2.0, GSIF, WAV, DirectSound).
What’s more, Hercules 16/12 FW is bundled with an innovative music software suite compatible with Windows and
Mac OS X and more than 900MB of high-quality sound files:
• STORM™ Special Edition (Arturia): Version 2.0 of STORM Special Edition is an all-in-one studio software
solution composed of synthesizers, drum machines and effects (PC and Mac OS X support). STORM provides
unlimited creative opportunities for sound synthesis along with extensive sample management capabilities (VST
synthesizer, MP3 import/export - 500MB of sounds).
• Live Special Edition (Ableton): Live Special Edition is a powerful audio sequencer that can be played like an
instrument. On your own or with other musicians or DJs, live on stage or mixing in the studio – all you need is Live and
a Mac or PC (16 tracks - 400 MB of sounds).
Hercules 16/12 FW is now shipping at an estimated street price of $599.00
About Hercules Technologies
Founded in the United States in 1982, Hercules developed the industry’s first high-resolution graphics boards for PC.
Having set the monochrome graphics standard, Hercules then proceeded to pioneer advances in color graphics solutions.
Over the years Hercules has constantly sought to evolve, providing innovative lines of graphics, video and audio
products geared principally towards the international gaming community. Hercules has been a division of the Guillemot
Corporation group since 1999.
Guillemot Corporation designs and manufactures a complete range of PC hardware products and PC and game console
accessories. With an active presence in 13 countries, the group currently distributes its products throughout 45 countries
worldwide. Guillemot Corporation is listed on the Paris Stock exchange, ISIN code FR0000066722.
More info at www.hercules.com.All NAMM 2005 News |
Live Blogs |
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
More From: HERCULES