Korgâ€™s Triton series workstations pretty much cleaned up when they came on the scene. Now with much stiffer competition from the usual suspects, Korg have given some TLC to the mid-price market and come up with the TR. Based on the the Tritons Hyper Integrated sound engine, the 64MB wave ROM (twice that of the original Triton) is packed with new sounds, plus some of the Korg classics, the TR bucks the Korg usual silver look by being â€œsleek and blackâ€� as they put it. The TR features a 16 track sequencer, sampler and effects section and adds USB MIDI plus SD card data storage.
- 64 MB PCM waveform memory is jammed with new sample data and programs, including new dynamic and spacious piano and acoustic instrument sounds.
- Template based 16-track 200,000 note sequencer, cue list construction, RPPR pattern sequencing and dual arpeggiators offer fast and easy song production.
- 512 Programs covering a broad range of sounds, 128 GM-compatible programs and nine drum programs, plus 384 Combinations.
- Offers limited compatibility with TRITON series sound data
- Add full-fledged sampler capabilities, including advanced functions such as Time Stretch/Compress and Time Slice with the optional EXB-SMPL sampling upgrade board.
- SD card storage is fast, low cost, reliable, and can backup and restore large quantities of data with ease.
- USB computer connection for smooth MIDI integration and data transfer.
Pricing and Availability TBC www.korg.com