For those people who've found SampleRobot's automatic sampling aid invaluable (see full description here) you can now take advantage of the Robots (AKA Skylife) Generous Christmas offer.
What SKYLIFE are in fact doing is giving away 650MB of original sounds to registered SampleRobot users. The samples are taken from the following classic synthesizers.
- Akai VX600
- Hartmann Neuron
- Korg MS-20
- Korg Sigma
- Oberheim Xpander
- Roland Jupiter-8
- Sequential Circuits Prophet-5
- Sequential Circuits ProphetVS
- Waldorf MicrowaveXT
- Yamaha CS01
Over 650 MB in total directly playable premium instruments in SoundFont2 format can be downloaded from
Just to Recap
SampleRobot works as a copying machine for sounds featuring advanced recording and auto-loop searching algorithms. If there are MIDI connections available between an instrument and a computer, SampleRobot sends out MIDI note messages and controller information, note by note. The external device gets the MIDI information and plays back the sounds. At the same time SampleRobot is in audio recording mode. Just a few mouse clicks and a fully detailed sampled synthesizer with all internal sound programs is on your hard drive ready to be played with any available software sampler.
SampleRobot is also equipped with semi-automatic recording functions for sampling of acoustic instruments.
New features in version 1.53
- ASIO optimization: The maximum amount of ASIO In and Out channels per device has been increased from 32 to 256.
- Export functions: The new "Export Settings" dialog allows to optionally convert bit resolution and sampling rates during export for all Samples in a Project.
- Export functions: There is a new dialog for the function "Export selected Project as WAV-Files". You can choose between long and short naming which is useful if you are working with samplers that allow only a few chracters for the Sample's name.
- Export functions: Now the export status dialog known from the SF2 export has been added to all export formats. This dialog will inform you about the progress during exporting.
- Preset Manager: With the function "Save selected Project as Preset" in the File menu it is now possible to use a normal Project as a template for a Preset. Deleting a Preset is another new option.
Other Main Features
- Fully automated sampling of MIDI sound devices that are connected to a Windows compatible MIDI and audio interface
- Semi-automatic sampling of sound sources that are not equipped with a MIDI interface
- Streamlined and easy to use graphical interface
- Windows WDM support
- Automatic output of velocity, release velocity, after touch, MIDI controllers and program change to record all sound nuances
- Tuning oscillator
- Advanced loop-searching algorithms
- Non-destructive graphical loop and marker editing with full zoom functionality (including overlapping the stereo left and right waveforms)
- Auto functions and user macros for recording format and length, editing, normalizing, gaining and fading samples
- Automatic creation of crossfade loops, backward-forward loops and combinations
- Auto arrangement and auto mapping of multi-samples including key maps with velocity splits, overlaps and real time MIDI controller assignment
- Release-sample support
- Auto naming from an external text file
- Batch multi-sample creation from an uncut audio file (e.g. useful to split sounds from sampling CDs)
- Batch sampling all sounds (whole bank) from a MIDI-instrument: automatic creation of multiple projects with program changes
- Batch normalize and gain functions for all samples in a project/multi-sample, auto normalize to maximum level in a project
- Multi-sample and release-sample export formats incl. multi-velocity layers: HALion 3, SoundFont2, VSampler, Wav
- Crossfade rendering
Update to SampleRobot version 1.53 is free for all registered users. SampleRobot full version's price is 249 Euro/ 329 Dollars.