Many will be familiar with the Lexicon Omega Studio which offers a complete desktop recording solution and it has now been joined by the new Lexicon Lambda Desktop Recording Studio. Lambda comes as a highly affordable audio production package that includes the Lambda 4x2x2 buss powered USB I/O mixer, SteinbergÂ® CubaseÂ® LE recording software, and Lexiconâ€™s renowned Pantheon VST reverb plug-in â€“ both for either PC or Mac.
Unlike standard computer I/O boxes based on a patchbay paradigm, the Lambda is a true recording mixer. This enables the user to connect to the unitâ€™s two phantom powered XLR mic-pre inputs, two 1/4 inch insert points, two 1/4 inch balanced line inputs, and MIDI I/O simultaneously, while controlling input levels, stereo/ mono routing, and monitoring from the unitâ€™s front panel. The front panel also features an ultra hi-z instrument input for DIâ€™ing guitars and other instruments, and mini jack headphone output. This layout is designed to optimise workflow with a creatively conducive user interface.
Lambda ships with Steinbergâ€™s popular LE recording/ editing software package, which provides 48 tracks of audio and 64 tracks of MIDI recording/ editing, as well as complete automation of level, pan, mute, and plug-ins. Cubase LE supports up to eight VST instruments, and is compatible with both VST system link and Rewire 2 protocols. Also included, the Lexicon Pantheon VST reverb plug-in, offers 35 factory presets, and six reverb types with 16 user-editable parameters.
Lexicon tell us that the Lambda offers a powerful, and easy to use desktop recording and production package, both for the musicians and DJs starting out, or seasoned professionals on the move.
FRONT PANEL FEATURES:
- Mic Levels: control input gain of two mic pre-amps
- Line Levels: control input level of balanced line inputs
- Monitor Mix: provides zero latency input monitoring, balancing audio source between the live input levels and playback mix levels
- Instrument In: front panel located ultra Hi-Z instrument DI, to maintain full signal range and power from magnetic and piezo pickups
- Peak Indicators
- Stereo/ Mono: select stereo or mono monitor inputs
- Metering: precise 2-channel 4-segment metering of input levels to AD convertor
- High Powered Headphone Amp: ensures ultra clear monitoring with all types of headphones
REAR PANEL FEATURES:
- Line Inputs: RF filtered 1/4 inch jack active-balanced inputs for both balanced and unbalanced signals
- 1/4 inch Jack Inserts: for professional connection to outboard processors
- Mic Preamps: two world class mic preamps enable full use of either high quality studio condenser or dynamic microphones
- MIDI In/ Out: fully opto-isolated MIDI input eliminates ground loop hum and MIDI talk-through noise. MIDI output provides accurate sync to USB frame rates
- Line Outputs: RF filtered 1/4 inch jack servo-balanced outputs sense whether they are connected to balanced or unbalanced equipment
- +48v Phantom Power: provides clean +48v DC to high quality condenser mics
- USB Powered: unit powered from USB connection, no external power supply required