E-MU Systems has announced its new 1616M PCI and 1616 PCI Digital Audio Systems.
E-MU tell us that these deliver the same powerful DSP effects, zero-latency monitoring and pristine 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A converters of E-MUâ€™s best selling PCI Digital Audio Systems with the MicroDock breakout box of its award-winning CardBus Digital Audio Systems.
The 1616M PCI and 1616 PCI Digital Audio Systems offer a total of 16 inputs and 16 outputs plus 32 channels of MIDI I/O, including two E-MU XTC Class-A ultra-low noise mic/line/hi-Z preamps with 48V phantom power and analog soft limiting circuit for clip protection.
The 1616M PCI and 1616 PCI ship with ASIO2 and WDM drivers for Windows XP and 2000, as well as the E-MU Production Tools software bundle that includes E-MUâ€™s Proteus X LE, as well as software by Steinberg, Ableton, IK Multimedia, and many more effectively providing, according to E-MU, everything you need to create, record, edit, master and burn your music.
The E-MU 1616M PCI and 1616 PCI Digital Audio Systems feature:
- Premium 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A converters (1616M PCI A/D & D/A: 120dB SNR; 1616 PCI A/D & D/A: 112dB SNR performance)
- E-MU XTC Class-A ultra-low noise mic/line/hi-Z preamps with soft limiter and 48V phantom power (-127dB EIN)
- PatchMix offers 32 channels of zero latency hardware mixing/monitoring with super-flexible virtual patchbay â€“ no external mixer needed
- E-DSP 32-bit Multi-effects Processor offers you over 25 hardware-accelerated effects (over 600 presets) with no CPU overhead â€“ plug-in architecture allows you to add new effects as needed
- E-MU Power FX hardware-accelerated VST effects let you use the E-DSP Multi-effects Processor as a plug-in within your VST applications and allow you to automate and save all effects parameter settings
- Compatibility with most popular audio/sequencer applications â€“ ultra-low latency 24-bit/192kHz ASIO2, WDM and 64-bit drivers
- Includes Production Tools software bundle with E-MUâ€™s Proteus X LE, as well as software by Cakewalk, Steinberg, Ableton, IK Multimedia, and many more.
- Two E-MU XTC mic/line/hi-Z preamps (w/soft limiter and 48V phantom power)
- Four 1/4" balanced inputs
- Six 1/4" balanced outputs
- Turntable input (w/ground lug and hardware RIAA preamp)
- 24-bit/192kHz ADAT in/out (switchable to S/PDIF)
- 24-bit/192kHz coaxial S/PDIF in/out (switchable to AES/EBU)
- Two sets of MIDI in/out on breakout cable
- Three stereo 1/8" speaker outputs (configurable from stereo to 5.1)
- Stereo headphone output
Price and Availability
The new E-MU 1616M PCI and 1616 PCI Digital Audio Systems will ship in July 2006 with an estimated street price of Â£329.99 GBP for the 1616M PCI and Â£241.99 GBP for the 1616 PCI (including VAT).