You may have seen our story from the NAMM show on the launch of Digital Performer Version 5 and MOTU tell us that it is now shipping with many feature additions and productivity enhancements.
We have already covered the new features in detail but just to recapâ€¦
DP5 includes six new CPU-efficient, easy-to-use instrument plug-ins:
- BassLine - analog-style monophonic bass synth. Delivers monstrous low end and instant bass lines.
- PolySynth - retro analog-style polyphonic pad synth. Lush pads, rude squawks, twisting sweeps, classic analog.
- NanoSampler - the easiest way to play samples. Load a sample and play it. Add filter, LFO and/or envelope.
- Modulo - highly programmable 2-osc subtractive synth. LFOs, multimode filters, envelopes and plenty of modulation.
- Model 12 - twelve part programmable drum module. Instant drums, hundreds of factory samples and dozens of preset kits.
- Proton - imaginative and provocative two-op FM synth. Sparkling bells, searing leads, classic Rhodes, simple & effective FM.
Additional DP5 new feature highlights include:
Track Folders - organize your track lists and show or hide track groups with a single click. You can even put folders within folders.
Meter Bridge- monitor all inputs, outputs, busses, bundles, instruments and tracks at one glance with long-throw, scalable, responsive meters.
Trim, Slip, Slide & Roll tools - four new audio editing tools to speed up your edits.
Automatic audio voice allocation - audio engine resources are efficiently and dynamically allocated to audio tracks as needed to play and record.
New film scoring features - display and export streamers, flutters, punches and a visual click directly on a QuickTime movie. Trigger external hardware to display visual cues on an external video monitor.
Custom click - quickly program, save and use customized click patterns of any length.
Enhanced count off - specify in beats and measures, rather than just measures.
New input monitoring modes - monitor disk track inputs in line ("record safe") and choose among four different monitoring modes to suit your tracking style.
Waveform editor enhancements - use DP's familiar main transport and selection features, including the playback wiper. Directly edit embedded audio file tempo maps, real-time pitch correction and beat detection beats.
Clip-based volume and gain - Draw a volume curve on an audio clip and it stays with all instances of the clip. Add or reduce overall levels non-destructively in hundredths of a dB.
MIDI Keys - trigger synths, enter MIDI notes or even step record from your computer keyboard.
MIDI Device Setup - conveniently configure your MIDI gear directly in DP.
Add instrument - in one simple operation, add as many instances of an instrument plug-in as you need, with multiple MIDI tracks already assigned and everything placed together in new track folders.
Support for Pro Tools 7 - DP5 is fully qualified for use with Pro Tools 7 systems running DAE Version 7.1cs4 or higher.
Registered users can upgrade directly from the MOTU web site at:
Users of competing products can purchase the DP5 Competitive Upgrade at the MOTU website or authorized MOTU resellers.