Cakewalk have announced the worldwide availability of the Universal Binary update to the Audio Units version of Rapture, their wavetable synthesizer.
The Rapture Universal Binary Update enables users working with latest generation of Intel-based Mac systems to run Rapture as a native application in Audio Units enabled hosts. A future update is planned to update the VST and RTAS versions of Rapture with Universal Binary support.
Cakewalkâ€™s list of Rapture highlights :
- Wavetable synthesizer with cutting edge sound manipulation capabilities, well suited for Electronica and Urban music styles
- Non-aliasing Expression Engine for pristine sound quality
- Over 600 professionally-crafted sound programs
- Six fully-programmable, stereo sound-generating Elements
- Multi-waveform Oscillators with ring modulation
- Two 16-mode filters per oscillator with LoFi and Drive
- Over 40 Envelope Generators, LFOs, and Step Generators for superior parameter modulation
- Comprehensive MIDI Modulation Matrix
- Mix and modulate all Elements through global FX and dynamic Step Generator
- Superbly designed graphical envelope generators and LFOs for ease of use
- Expandable with native support for SFZ sample formats
- Mac formats: AU (Universal Binary), RTAS, VSTi
- Windows formats: DXi (32-bit & x64), RTAS, VSTi
Pricing and Availability
The free Rapture AU Universal Binary update is available to registered Rapture customers at the Cakewalk website.
Rapture has a $199.00 U.S., estimated street price