Making its debut at the show, and aimed primarily at guitarists, the Hot Hand Motion Controlled Phaser/Flanger is the second unit in Source Audioâ€™s Motion Controlled effects line â€“ the first being a wah. It features 7 phaser and 7 flanger effects that can be controlled in a variety of ways.
Users can select 4 modulation sources: Hot Hand Motion Sensor control, low frequency oscillator (LFO), sequencer, or envelope follower. The modulation can be controlled in real time with subtle hand motions utilising a ring connected to the pedal unit or the player could just play normally and let the LFO, sequencer, or envelope follower drive the sound.
Features & Specifications
- 14 effect types including 7 phasers and 7 flangers.
- 4 selectable modulation sources: Hot Hand, LFO, Envelope, and Sequencer.
- 4 easy to store and easy to recall presets for saving user settings.
- Phaser controls include Depth and Frequency.
- Flanger controls include Depth and Delay Time.
- Motion/Speed knob controls speed sensitivity of the motion sensor in Hot Hand mode. Alternatively, it controls the LFO and sequencer speed, or the speed of the envelope follower.
- Active Analog Bypass provides full analog routing during bypass and prevents signal degradation in long effects chains.
- Simple user interface; sleek design; rugged construction.
- 24 bit A/D-D/A converters and 56-bit processing ensure low noise and professional quality sound.
- Expression Input for controlling the effect or LFO speed with an expression pedal.
- Expression Output for sending Hot Hand control signals to an external effects box or keyboard.
- Full signal range allows use with keyboards, bass, etc.
- 5 ring sizes included.
- Compatible with the Hot Hand wireless adapter.
- Sensor Output allows daisy chaining of multiple Hot Hand devices.
Price and Availability
Available summer 2006. MSRP $299 USD