Blue Cat's Digital Peak Meter Pro 2.0 (DPMP) has just been released and is already in version 2.1. Blue cat tell us that it has been re-built from scratch, even if it is based on the same principles as the Peak Meter plug-in, and now includes a bunch of new unique features and can be used in real time to monitor or control any MIDI-controllable software or hardware device.
With the DPMP you can monitor both the RMS and peak value, thanks to the real time display of the envelopes. You can also record these envelopes as automation curves in your favorite host, as well as the transformed envelopes that you can totally control and monitor with the 'amount' and 'offset' parameters.
You can now send MIDI CC messages following the envelopes and transformed envelope to manage any parameter of any plug-in or external MIDI hardware with the envelopes of the audio signal.
Blue Cat say that, thanks to these new real-time capabilities, you will now also be able to use the DPMP live: let the drummer control the frequency of the guitarist's wah-pedal, mute the singer during the bass solo... and you can use the generated envelopes to control video or light effects.
- Digital Peak & RMS Vu-Meter.
- Control in real time any MIDI-controllable plug-in or external MIDI device with the RMS or peak envelope of the signal.
- Record the output parameters (peak, RMS value, transformed envelopes, clip etc.) as automation curves.
- Manage the output envelope shape: record reversed envelope, change amount of signal, and offset the generated envelope.
- Real time MIDI control with advanced settings (MIDI channel and CC numbers, with complete response curve control) and MIDI learn.
- Advanced signal monitoring with envelopes real time display.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Skinnable user interface.
- DirectX and VST plug-in formats support.
Pricing and Availability:
39 EUR or $46.8 USD
27.3 EUR or $32.76 USD (-30% introductory offer)
More information and demo: