User-led online petition urges updates and improvements 13/12/06
Yamaha's 01X features mLAN
We are guessing that any company that works closely with Apple is pretty much at the mercy of the computer giant's schedules, but, in the case of Yamahaâ€™s mLAN, a group of users has got extremely frustrated at the slow rate of developments regarding the mLAN technology that was designed to offer high speed audio and MIDI networking between computers, synthesizers and other mLAN compatible products. The result of this is that they have initiated an online Save Mlan on the Mac petition that aims to get something done about the situation and to, in their own words, â€œPlease help us make music on the Mac betterâ€�. Hereâ€™s the full text of the petition: Yamaha have been able to get Mlan integrated in Apple's OS and Core Audio, which is supposedly a great thing for Mlan... But as a result they claim that this is also supposedly why they cannot control the timing of updates to the drivers... Mlan users on the Mac haven't seen an update to a barely functional Mlan driver on the Mac since 2004.
This is what we are waiting for:
(1) Sync from a device other than the Mac,
(2) No more CPU bursts,
(3) No more random offset,
(4) GP able to act as an actual patchbay.
(5) The new drivers should be backward compatible to at least Mac OS 10.4.4
(6) The new drivers should be compatible with PPC G4 and G5 computers
(7) The new drivers should be free for all present owners of Mlan equipment using Mac OSX