Faber Acoustical has announced the release of a new dynamic signal analysis and data acquisition software platform. The Faber Electroacoustics Toolbox (FEaT) is a modularized, multi-channel multi-analyzer, offering real-time data acquisition and analysis of electrical, acoustical, and electroacoustic signals and systems.
Faber say that FEaT brings powerful new tools to the Macintosh platform for multi-channel, audio-band data acquisition and real-time analysis of electrical, acoustical, and electroacoustic signals and systems. It enables precise measurements of acoustic quantities, such as equivalent and time-weighted sound levels, as well as acoustic and electroacoustic systems, such as listening rooms and loudspeakers. The software is designed to work with any Mac-compatible audio hardware and supports multiple channels of 8, 16, 24, or 32-bit data with sample rates as high as the hardware will support.
Electroacoustics Toolbox is available as a Universal Binary, compatible with PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh computers running Mac OS X version 10.3.9 or later.
Electroacoustics Toolbox features:
- Multi-channel Dual FFT Analyzer for transfer function and impulse response measurements of electrical, acoustical, and electroacoustic systems (filter circuits, listening rooms, loudspeakers, etc)
- Multi-channel FFT Analyzer for real-time spectral analysis of input and output signals
- Multi-channel Meter Bridge for a quick look at input signal levels
- Multi-channel Oscilloscope for real-time viewing of input signal waveforms
- Sound Level Meter for measuring instantaneous and time-averaged sound pressure levels
- X/Y Plotter for creating Lissajous figures in real time
- Signal Generator for real-time synthesis of various waveforms and test signals
- Noise Dosimeter for convenient noise dose measurements
- Hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics for fast real-time plotting
- Quartz-based graphics for high-resolution still images and prints
- Advanced control over input and output devices
- Device and individual channel calibration
- Support for units, including Volts, Amps, Pascals, and Engineering Units
- Saving complete configurations and data in project files
- Exporting data to ascii text files for easy import into other applications
- Work with multiple independent audio devices simultaneously
- No arbitrary limits on how many devices or channels are used, or on sample rates or signal formats--these are limited only by your hardware
- Modular architecture for rapid development of additional tools, with the potential to allow third parties to develop custom plug-ins
Pricing and Availability: