Effectrode have announced that they have a new batch of the Phaseomatic Deluxe. They say that the world's first photo-optical, vacuum tube phaser has been re-engineered with an improved specification.
Featuring an innovative mixed wave generator LFO for triangle, sine, psuedo square, rise, fall and stepped waveshapes, the first 50 of these pedals come fitted with JAN Philips 12AT7 NOS tubes in the phase-shifter section and small anode JJ 12AX7 tubes in the gain/mixer stage for low, low microphonics and hum.
Hereâ€™s how Effectrode describe the phaser in their own words:
The phaseomatic deluxe achieves deep, lush phasing & mesmerising vibrato with amazing presence and clarity. On more subtle settings it adds life and movement to your sound that's so natural and un-processed you'll forget it's there - until you press the bypass switch. Moving on to the other extreme, this tone machine capably produces deep 'tunnel' phasing and intense 'jet plane whooshing' textural effects that predominanted music in the mid 70's. And finally, the phaseomatic deluxe truely excels in generating a host of cosmic & spaceous sound effects heard on many B-rated 1950's sci-fi movie soundtracks.
- Photo-optical vacuum tube architecture capable of phasing and true vibrato.
- Powerful mixed wave generator LFO so that phase sweep can be driven with triangle (linear), sine, psuedo-square (vibe), rise, fall and stepped wave shapes that allow you to create your own unique signature sounds.
- An internal trimmer to adjust the amount of feedback in the phase-shifter section for resonance or self-oscillation. Adjsuting the internal trimmer totally changes the timbre of the phasing effect and allows for some outrageously funky, tasty and chewy textures.
- Gain can be tailored to integrate the Phaseomatic Deluxe into your rig. Unity (0dB) up to 6dB of gain can be achieved by removing the rear panel and replacing the gain resistor (22KOhms) with the appropriate value. The unit is supplied stock with unity gain. If the resistor is removed the gain will be 6dB. If the value is reduced, attentuation can also be achieved.
- Hyper-bright, daylight visible LED pulsates with modulation speed for visual song tempo matching.
- Photo-optical and all-tube architecture ensures massive headroom even when using high output active pickups such as EMG85's and "LiveWires". If you do succeed in overdriving this pedal then you'll be experiencing super smooth, class-A, tube overdrive!
- 'Krell-like' paint job. Huh? Means it's finished in a tough, high-gloss sky-blue powder coat finish.
- Supplied with wall-wart power adaptor.
Pricing and Availability:
MSRP $529 USD.