We ran a story on the JazzMutant Lemur 1.6 update last week but now we have some more details and a new video â€“ so here we goâ€¦
JazzMutant say that, after taking the turn to complete workflow optimization with the last update, the new Version 1.6 not only includes a boost of added functionality, but it also brings instant and smooth communication between the Lemur and the host computer providing simplification and out of the box usage.
LEMUR VERSION 1.6 â€“ NEW FEATURES IN DEPTH
- The new JazzDaemon background application launched with Version 1.6 supplies seamless integration by bridging the output of the Lemur to the available MIDI ports and applications handling MIDI on the host computer. The multiplicity of MIDI sources and destinations is handled by the JazzDeamon allowing bidirectional MIDI network distribution between one or several Lemurs and any kind of available MIDI application on one or several host computer. You can now control any of your MIDI applications easily with two Lemurs or more, or in another setup control two of your MIDI applications running on two different computers from a single Lemur.__For plain sailing operation the JazzDeamon autodetects the Lemur when connected to the host, and once installed, all settings and MIDI routings can be comfortably managed from the Lemurâ€™s touchscreen browsing through the new Settings Dialogue.
- The new internal storage function added to version 1.6 perfectly matches the benefits available through the JazzDaemon and provides immediate availability and fast switching of projects from the Lemurâ€™s touch-screen, containing all interfaces and mappings. The new local Browser Dialogue with project view and interface preview facilitates easy managment of projects, templates and default settings from the Lemur. You can flag any project as your Startup Project, for immediate loading when the Lemur is turned on. Already available for download, the constantly growing library of templates for applications such as Ableton Live, Reaktor, Traktor DJ, Logic, Cubase and essential work tools like the Control Surface Emulation now come included as set factory presets.___Seriously adapting the usersâ€™ requests, Version 1.6 does not stop here, but it introduces a row of significant added functions and refinements.
- The new Range Object is a highly customizable slider allowing intuitive scaling of a continous range. A neat tool for sample part looping or dynamic filter control.
- The new Text Object allows efficient and effortless labelling of objects and is assignable to all other objects. Place it wherever you want, customize font size and alignment, profit from automatic multiline expansion. You can hide and show text dynamically and have it blink on demand: youâ€™ll never forget what this red slider does in your interface!
- The new Custom Botton Object is a powerful object that can be used as button or switch. It can be labelled with text in the same way as the Text Object or tagged with a broad range of bitmap symbols such as play, stop, pause and alike with different colors for on and off. The Custom Button Object brings clear visibility and graphical representation of function to any highly customized template.
- Efficient desktop managment can be achieved by the revised object grouping integrated in the JazzEditor, now including horizontal and vertical distribution and alignment for faster grouping and organization of objects
- The Container Object has been enhanced with the new lock-unlock feature, locking or unlocking the inside layout for safer work in progress. As important second addition to the Container Object it is now possible to devide between the top and low level of parameters. The lock option now let interface designers hide complexity and give access to just the necessary set of parameters to tinker with. Focussing on the contextual parameters of all objects embedded in the Container, this feature permits to center on the relevant elements to control. You may lock the modules that you share on the User Area of the JazzMutant website and simplify the interface for the benefit of the user.
- The Multiball Object, Fader Object, Knob Object and Multislider Object introduce the new grid function to divide their areas in equal steps and quantize their output, for maximum precision. An essential function for any production requirement such as surround design or critical performance state where it is neccessary to tap in exact positions. Add a grid to your knob object to emulate those Moog rotary filter selectors. Divide your Faders to instantly jump through a bank of 10 presets. A grid in your Multiball lets you toy with discrete sets of 2D positions, adding precision to your surround panning setup. The Grid Function does not only allow precise control, moreover it adds visual indicators to the objects so exact parameter positions can be anticipated.
JazzMutant finally had this to say, â€œThe new objects guarantee exact and optimized interface design. How then does this plentitude of parameter additions affect the user? All improvements were made with one simple goal in mind: maximum intuitive workflow melted with maximum efficiency. Where most conventional audio and media controllers fail, the Lemur starts to live: precision and creativity are no longer contradictions but side by side companions.â€�