Steinberg has announced Universal Binary updates to VSTiâ€™s based on its HALion sampling technology. The updates are now available for HALion, HALion Player, HALion Player OEM, HALion Symphonic Orchestra and The Grand 2.
The update adds compatibility with Appleâ€™s Intel-powered Macintosh computers and is available for download now to all registered owners of these instruments. The updates also offer the following enhancements (where applicable):
- Support for Intel-based Macs.
- Kontakt 2 and GIGAstudio 3 file import support
- Performance improvements when using Waldorf filters
- Disk-streaming LED improvements and new peak function allows for better streaming analysis and User feedback
- Overlap Mode enhancements
- New Hybrid Rewire mode in standalone allows receiving MIDI from selected port instead of from Rewire connection
- Several smaller enhancements and fixes
More information on the enhancements for each update can be found on the Steinberg website on the relevant Support Download page.