Vir2 Instruments say that their Vl.One is far more than just a sound library and should be considered as a major studio upgrade. It is a massive multi-disc sample library encompassing over two thousand instruments, kits, and other sound effects, and is designed to be of maximum usability to musicians across a wide span of genres.
Vir2 tell us that the library is packed to the brim with drums (including hundreds of different kits), drum loops, basses (including acoustic, upright, electric, and synth), world and ethnic instruments (organized by geographic regions), sound effects, guitars (acoustic and electric), keyboards, a full collection of orchestral instruments, screaming B3 organs, world-class acoustic pianos, prepared pianos, electric/synth pianos, pop horns and brass, a bank of vintage synths, and cutting-edge synth patches.
VI.One is compatible with both Macintosh and Windows platforms and includes the standalone Kontakt Player 2 application as well as AudioUnit, VST, RTAS, and DXi plug-ins. All of these versions ship in the same box.
- Over two thousand patches of instruments across a wide array of instrument families
- 21GB core library of samples
- Optimized onscreen EQ and reverb controls
- Remote control of various sonic parameters available via MIDI CC
- Multitimbral operation, supporting up to 64 simultaneous instruments loaded (subject to RAM availability), receiving up to 64 MIDI channels (16 in plug-in mode)
- General MIDI compatible
- Kontakt Player 2 engine, supporting standalone operation as well as plug-in operation in all major hosts that support AudioUnit, VST, RTAS, or DXi plug-ins
- Special upgrade pricing to the full version of Kontakt 2, which allows for fuller editing of the instruments
Pricing and Availability: