Steinberg has announced a Universal Binary update to its Virtual Bassist VST instrument. This update makes the virtual bass player VSTi compatible with Appleâ€™s Intel-based Macintosh computers.
Steinbergâ€™s list of Virtual Bassist features
- Utterly authentic-sounding bass parts derived from the actual performances of professional studio bass players
- Lines are quickly and easily played on every MIDI keyboard
- 30 different styles with numerous variations and fills
- Excellent sound-sculpting tools (Bass Model, Attack, Damping, and Pickup Position)
- Real-time control over vital parameters
- Groove Match technology for adapting bass lines to other MIDI grooves
- Amp section featuring amp type, speaker/mic and EQ selection options
- High-quality virtual stomp-box effects (also employable as a VST effect plug-in)
- Compatible with VST, DXi, AU and ReWire host applications for Mac (OSX) and PC (Windows XP)
Pricing and Availability:
Registered customers can download the update, which is available as a free download, in the Steinberg's Support section.