Antares have announced the imminent release of Harmony Engine a Vocal Modeling Harmony Generator for native plug-in formats including RTAS (Mac and PC), VST (Mac and PC) and Audio Units (Mac).
Antares tell us that that Harmony Engine is a real-time harmony generating plug-in that puts professional-quality vocal harmony arrangements within reach of any songwriter, producer, musician or engineer. They say that, with four independent harmony voices, a variety of powerful harmony generating modes, humanization features for natural sounding performances, and a flexible real-time preset system for harmony and vocal type, Harmony Engine provides incredibly easy-to-use tools to quickly and easily produce virtually any vocal arrangement you can imagine.
Key Harmony Engine Features Include:
- Four high-quality, formant-corrected harmony voices with independent vocal character, vibrato, and pan settings
- Antares Throat Modeling technology that lets you process each harmony voice through a physical model of the human vocal tract
- A variety of innovative Harmony Control modes, from fully automatic to individual control of every note:
- Fixed or Scale Intervals: Simply set the key and harmony voice intervals and let Harmony Engine do the rest
- Chord Degrees or Chord Name: Define your harmony chord-by-chord, complete with inversions and variable vocal ranges
- Chord by MIDI: Define your harmony in real time via a MIDI controller or pre-recorded MIDI track
- MIDI Omni: Directly "play" the four harmony voices as if they were voices of a synth or sampler
- MIDI Channel: Use four separate MIDI channels for absolute control over each note of your vocal arrangement
- Spread and Register controls that allow you to quickly and intuitively set the pitch range and harmony style of your vocal arrangement
- Humanize functions that provide selectable amounts of variation to each harmony voice for realistic, natural sounding results
- A Freeze function that allows a unique variety of backup vocal effects by letting you instantly freeze pitch and/or formant articulation
- A Harmony Preset matrix that lets you create up to 15 complete harmony settings and instantaneously recall them in real time or via automation
- A Voice Parameter Preset matrix that lets you create and instantly recall up to 6 different "vocal groups"
- Five-channel output capability (host dependent) that lets you assign or export the original input and each of the four harmony voices to their own channels for further processing
- And lots more...
Pricing and Availability:
Harmony Engine will be available in July
More information and audio demos: