Skylife have been in touch to tell us that they have released version 2.50 of SampleRobot, SampleRobot Essentials and WaveRobot.
SampleRobot clones real musical instruments and turns them into software instruments automatically. With the new version 2.50, Skylife say that it is now even easier and faster to clone musical instruments. They tell us that, amongst new functions like the Project Wizard, the audio engine has been optimized, that SampleRobot now supports all common software samplers directly from the export menu and that there are new high quality instrumental sounds in SoundFont2 format included.
Weâ€™ll let Skylife give you all the details in their own wordsâ€¦
SampleRobot is able to digitize any kind of instrument. When cloning MIDI gear, SampleRobot even works completely on its own. After connecting an instrument via MIDI and audio with the computer, SampleRobot will "suck out" the sounds from the unit. As desired SampleRobot can clone a whole synthesizer sound bank in one go. The good thing is that the user can export the â€œhardware instrumentâ€� as various software sampler formats after the sampling process. The user can play the new virtual instrument as if he would play the real instrument. Of course, one can clone the attack velocity characteristics of the original instrument as well. SampleRobot also enables the musician to transfer acoustic instruments and other instruments without MIDI very easily to the digital domain. User friendly, speedy and high quality - that's SampleRobot.
Worldwide distribution of the new version 2.50 retail boxes of SampleRobot, SampleRobot Essentials and WaveRobot is provided by ESI Audiotechnik GmbH and the dedicated international distribution partners. Distribution of the download versions is provided via the skylife shop
New functions with version 2.50
- Project Wizard The Project Wizard helps the user to create complex sampling projects very easily. New users can record their instruments fast without having to read the operation manual. Also experienced users will benefit from the Project Wizard since it logically combines several operation steps and makes creation of projects a lot easier and faster than before.
- Audio Engine From now on it is possible to record audio from an input with dedicated ASIO driver in all bit depths: 8, 16 and 24 bit. Earlier versions only supported the native ASIO driver resolution which is very often 24 bit. The user can now use all sound cards with ASIO drivers to record in 16 bit. Also, now 24 bit samples can be played with all cards and drivers. It is possible to combine several different audio drivers in one project. The multiple-driver architecture of SampleRobotÂ® makes big sampling projects with a lot of different I/Os and sound card drivers a lot easier to handle.
- Optimized Export Formats All common software sampler formats are now supported in the Import/Export menu. With version 2.50 the user can export instruments directly to Apple's Logic Pro EXS 24 (*.sf2), Tascam Gigastudio (*.wav), Emu Emulator X (*.wav), Yellow Tools Independence (*.sf2) and NI Kontakt (*.sf2).
- New Premium SF2 Instruments After installing SampleRobot, SampleRobot Essentials and WaveRobot the user will receive download tokens for direct access to the SKYLIFE online premium instruments database. By loading the SoundFont2 files into a software sampler the user can revive classic synthesizers like the Akai VX600, Alesis Andromeda, Hartmann Neuron, Korg Sigma, Roland SH-101 and Oberheim Xpander. More than 400 MB of instrumental samples is included in WaveRobot and more than 800 MB in SampleRobot Essentials. SampleRobot provides even more than one Gigabyte of premium instruments.
- Quick Help: WaveRobot Beginners and advanced users will benefit from the new short manual that was added to WaveRobotâ€™s help menu. It contains a description of all keyboard shortcuts and editing operations.
- WaveRobot Operation Manual The comprehensive WaveRobot operation manual (author: Holger Steinbrink) is now completed. It is available in English and in German language.
- Many more Improvements
Pricing and Availability:
SampleRobotÂ® Upgrades to version 2.50
- For users of SampleRobotÂ® and SampleRobotÂ® Essentials Version 2: free of charge
- For users of SampleRobotÂ® Version 1.x: $90 USD
Full featured versions
- SampleRobotÂ® Version 2.50: $329 USD (Download version)
- SampleRobotÂ® Version 2.50: $339 USD (Retail version)
- SampleRobotÂ® Essentials Version 2.50: $113 USD (Download version)
- SampleRobotÂ® Essentials Version 2.50: $139 USD (Retail version)
- SampleRobotÂ® Essentials + WaveRobot Version 2.50: $169 USD (Download version)
- WaveRobot Version 2.50: $79 USD (Download version)
- WaveRobot Version 2.50: $99 USD (Retail version)