MOTU have released their MachFive 2 universal software sampler which provides cross-platform compatibility for the latest Mac and Windows OS, including Universal Binary support for Mac Intel CPUs. Here are all the details outlined in their own words
- Open third party sample libraries directly - no time consuming conversion required.
- Switch between Mac and Windows platforms. All instrument plug-in formats supported, as well as stand-alone capability.
Four 8GB DVDs contain a staggering 32 GB of instruments and loops. Featured sounds include 8GB Grand Piano, surround-sound drums and orchestral instruments, a wide array of loops, ethnic and acoustic instruments, as well as a "best of" collection from the award-winning Vienna Symphonic Library. Choose instruments from a wide variety of basses, guitars, keyboards, drums, voices, and sound effects.
Sound Design tools include up 128 samples per key, oscillators and organ generators, multi-point envelopes, tempo-synchronized LFOs, comprehensive effects (including a convolution reverb), rules based programming, and LoopLab for creation and manipulation of MIDI and audio loops.
- MachFive 2 provides an obvious single-window interface. Whether you are calling up sounds for multi-timbral composition, or creating loops and instruments from scratch, MachFive is a one-stop sound source for your Mac or Windows computer.
- MachFive 2 provides Disk Streaming and modular design for maximum CPU efficiency.
- MachFive 2 supports 24 bit, 192khz sample playback.
- Unlimited parts (unlimited multi-timbral operation)
- Unlimited polyphony and ultra low software latency
- Unlimited sample keygroups and keygroup layers
- Up to 200 discrete audio outputs (depending on host)
- Up to 256 MIDI channels (depending on host)
- Multi-column browser for fast and easy navigation; audition loops & samples while browsing
- Full-screen keygroup/sample editor with unlimited undo/redo, batch processing, and 47 DSP effects
- Advanced time-stretching and pitch-shifting engine
- LoopLabâ„¢ beat-slicing editing of multi-channel loops; playback at any tempo with or without stretching; sample, stretch, and slice loop engines
- Built-in graphic mixer with faders, FX inserts, metering
Pricing and Availability:
MachFive 2 upgrade from previous version $195.00