Rayzoon has announced that Jamstix 2, the long awaited successor to the original virtual drummer Jamstix, will be released on 20th August 2007. Hereâ€™s how they describe it in their own words:
The World's Most Advanced Virtual Drummer VSTi
- real-time groove composition using dedicated style and drummer modeling (not static patterns!)
- in-depth drummer limb simulation, including triangulation of hand movements, ensures that the grooves are always humanly playable (no ten-armed drummer here)
- advanced feel modeling includes sound-specific pocket delays, power and timing variations and can play ahead, on or behind the beat
- real-time fill generator produces unique fills (no static patterns used!) that match the style and drummer in use
- streamlined interface with visual drum kit for editing as well as just watching the drums play
- part-based arranger with transition and repetition fills, liveloop technology as well as drag-&-drop MIDI export
- limb-centric bar editor allows fine-tuning of events without need for MIDI export/editing in host
- extensive MIDI controller mapping allows in-depth remote-control of the style, drummer and mixer.
- built-in mixer with compressor and 3-band EQ
- comes with 50 styles and 10 drummers, expandable via future Paks
High Quality Sounds
- built-in high-quality drum sample player with multiple velocity layers and controllable ambience
- alternate samples remove machine-gun effect by varying sounds at the same velocity
- sophisticated layering creates realistic sound accumulations based on drum types
- route sounds to 4-17 stereo outputs (adjustable)
- extensive sound library that can be expanded via expansion Paks
Integrates With Other Sound Modules
- integrated VSTi sub-hosting allows usage of any VSTi drum synthesizer, such as BFDâ„¢,DFHSâ„¢,EZDrummerâ„¢ and Addicitive Drumsâ„¢. Combine the sounds of your favorite drum plugin with the jam power and realism of Jamstix!
- allows creating kits that use a mix of external sounds and Jamstix 2 sounds! For example, you can built a kit that uses EZDrummerâ„¢ drums and Jamstix 2 percussion sounds and cymbals.
- flexible key and velocity mapping
Jamstix can interact with your MIDI or audio input by adjusting velocity and using play rules, such as hihat/ride switching and snare head/sidestick switching as well as rhythm reduction giving you the feel of playing with a human drummer!
Supports Your Existing MIDI grooves
Jamstix can import your existing MIDI drum grooves as well as Jamstix 1 rhythms and use them as styles for playing by the drummer models. This means a static 1-bar MID file grooove comes to live by being played with the feel, accents and fills of the Jamstix 2 virtual drummers!
Pricing and Availability:
To be released on August 20th
Jamstix 2 $99
Jamstix 2 XL $139
upgrade price for Jamstix 1 owners: Jamstix 2 $40 (20 Aug â€“ 3 Sept 2007), $49 (After 4 Sept 2007), free for those who bought Jamstix after 23 August 2006.
Standard version includes DrumPak #1, XL version also includes DrumPak #2, BrushPak, SnarePak and ePak