Prodyon has released Asteroid, a new DJ effects VST plug-in for Windows, similar to the Korg Kaoss Pad.
With Asteroid you control a circle on an X/Y-pad that is linked to the various effects. It features five different algorithms that are optimized for live usage. The effects can be switched using the mouse or a MIDI keyboard. Almost all parameters are fully automatable, including realtime click/pop-free effects switching. It is possible to freely route the circle's X and Y axis to various targets, such as Cutoff, Dry/Wet-Mix or Quantizing.
- 5 built-in effects: two filters, slicer, combfilter and a multistage phaser.
- 16-voice polyphonic filter for vocoder-like effects.
- Temposynced lofi-slicer with six operating modes.
- Combfilter with variable damping and inversed feedback option.
- Phaser with up to 32 stages.
- Separate echo/delay with spreading for each effect.
- Global pad-smoothing and variable quantization.
- Effects-release option for smooth fades.
- "kill"-button for immediate release/feedback reset.
Pricing and Availability: