Rosegarden 1.6.0 is now available. This is a substantial new feature release with a number of significant bug fixes included as well.
Rosegarden is a professional audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment. It runs on Linux and the makers say that it is ideal for composers, musicians, music students, and small studio or home recording environments.
Hereâ€™s a list of the changes in version 1.6.0â€¦
New features for 1.6.0
- Diatonic transpose
- Marker ruler usability improvements
- Multiple lines of lyrics
- Highlight overlapping notes in notation editor
- Better LilyPond output dialog, preview through Lilypond, print through LilyPond from segment and notation views
- In-place LilyPond header value editing in LilyPond option dialog
- Transposition of the staff shown in LilyPond output
- Show current segment colour in raw note ruler, permit cycling through segments on single staff in notation
- Menus and configuration dialog reorganised for easier access and greater clarity
- Infrared remote control: Support for IRKick
- Add track(s) in middle
- Use RTC timer when recent kernel and ALSA versions are detected
- Expanded documentation
- Reorganised configuration dialog into standard/advanced options
- Some revised example files
- Nice new splash screen
- Several "stuck notes" fixes
- Many Lilypond output fixes and compatibility updates
- Fix occasional unexpected disappearance of matrix!
- Fix failure to handle multiple plugins in submaster
- Safer file-save mechanism
- Fix race condition when simultaneous loading a file and showing a warning during startup
- Fix sometime crash when punching out of record mode while transport is rolling
- Fix over-eagerness to complain about system timer resolution even when an alternative timer has been explicitly chosen
- Fix failure to show plugin editor dialogs for plugins on submasters
- Fix MusicXML export so its output can at least be validated
- Several other substantial fixes
Pricing and Availability:
See website for details.