Tone 2 have announced that the Mac version of Gladiator is now available as universal binary for Intel Mac and Power PC. It supports audio unit (AU) and VST 2.4.
Gladiator v1.1 for Windows has simulataneously been released and is free for all Gladiator customers.
New features, changes and fixes:
- Drastically improved time for saving/loading songs in Cubase and other hosts
- Opening the plugin is 250% faster. When the plugin is started for the first time it creates cache files (.1 .2 .3 .4) within the Gladiator_data directory. These cache files help to improve the performance.
- Drastically reduced the harddisc space for saving songs in Cubase and other hosts (previously 1,5 Mb per instance, now 850 byte).
- Removed a glitch after switching through presets.
- Slightly reduced memory usage.
- LFO1/2 "retrigger off" was renamed to "random phase"
- The word "preprocessing" appears in the HCM windows.
- Improved sound: Very low played oscs have more "treble".
- Improved sound: IQM light is switched to "light" by default. Gladiator sounds less static.
- Fixed a buffer overflow in the â€œTime Varismoothâ€� modifier
- The preset format has changed: Hosts save in chunk format now (fxb/fxp). Gladiator presets are now glp/glb files.
Pricing and Availability:
Gladiator costs â‚¬149, $199