ESI tell us that their DuaFire is the first FireWire Audio interface that perfectly supports their highly acclaimed EWDM driver technology .
The hardware itself features 2 input and 4 output channels, including a microphone preamp, RIAA phono inputs, line level & Hi-Z instrument inputs as well as line outputs and a headphone output.
The driver software features ESIâ€™s DirectWIRE interface that allows the recording and routing of audio signals between various audio applications inside the system without using external cables.
Claus RiethmÃ¼ller, Managing Director of ESI Audiotechnik GmbH, told us, "DuaFire is the first compact external audio interface we are shipping worldwide that features our new aluminum & white product design. So, not only does it sound good, it also looks really nice."
- high-grade 24-bit/96kHz analog-digital-converter
- high-grade 24-bit/96kHz digital-analog-converter
- 2 channels of audio input with level controls
- microphone preamps and phantom power for XLR inputs (selectable)
- Hi-Z input circuitry for guitar and other Hi-Z devices
- selectable switch between line-level inputs phono pre-amps
- 4 line-level audio outputs on rear of unit
- direct input monitoring with level control
- bus powered via FireWire-Bus or with separate power supply unit (selectable)
- support for DirectWIRE 3.0
- supports EWDM driver: MME, ASIO 2.0, GSIF 2.0, DirectSound
- CoreAudio devices for Mac OS X
- Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS 10.3.6 (and higher) compatible
- 1 headphone output with amp and volume control
- worldâ€™s first FireWire audio interface with EWDM driver support
- bundled with Steinberg Cubase LE 4.0 for PC and Mac
Pricing and Availability:
The MSRP of DuaFire is 249 EUR