BIAS, Inc. has used the show as a platform to announce that it has begun shipping Peak Pro 6 - a major new upgrade to the award-winning pro audio editing, processing, mastering and delivery software for Mac OS X. BIAS say that Peak Pro 6 offers many new features, including an enhanced playlist with advanced functionality including new cross-fade options and volume envelopes; new DSP sound design features; editing and delivery enhancements; user interface improvements; and much more.
Jason E. Davies, VP Sales & Marketing for BIAS told us, "We're thrilled to release version 6 of Peak Pro. Both existing Peak users and new customers will agree that adding Peak Pro 6 to their digital audio toolset offers even more features and benefits than ever before. Whether you need to record and master audio directly to CD, design sounds, sample libraries and loops, or save time processing and delivering high quality audio, Peak Pro 6 is a must-have companion for anyone working with digital audio on a Mac."
Hereâ€™s all the details in BIASâ€™ own wordsâ€¦
- Advanced Playlist Editing & Mastering: Peak Pro 6 adds even more functionality to the already robust Peak Pro 5 playlist (which included CD-TEXT, PQ editing, ISRC codes, a DDP export option, and more). The Peak Pro 6 playlist is even more powerful and flexible with the addition of new, fully customizable real-time volume envelopes, sample level zooming and editing, overlap/gap or centered cross-fades for either mastering or "classical"/take style workflows, new navigation and audition controls and more. Ideal for editing complex musical takes, preparing tracks for commercial CD replication, or simply arranging sections of a remix, the new playlist in Peak Pro 6 is now even more powerful and optimized for the task.
- Editing, Processing & Sound Design Power: Since its inception, Peak has offered a robust selection of on-board DSP, and BIAS has added more DSP processing, editing, and sound design features to the program with each new release. Peak Pro 6 continues this tradition with the addition of several new processing tools.
- Perpetual Looper ensures perfect "beat free" sustained loops of single line instrument samples - ideal for developing instrument sample libraries. Pitch Envelope allows pitch changes to be controlled via a user customizable envelope - ideal for creating special pitch based effects over time. Convolve Envelope offers dynamic control over the amount of convolution being applied over time - excellent for producing new sounds by mapping the harmonic spectrum of one file over another.
- Voiceover Ducking analyzes amplitude of a voiceover and automatically adjusts volume of mixed background source - perfect for quick Podcast production where a voiceover needs to be mixed with background music. Vbox Link offers a new cross-synthesis between virtual instruments, effects and live input with real-time mix, convolve, vocode, modulate, and magnitude multiply modes - offering unparalleled special effects and processing. Change Duration now offers algorithm selection for optimizing results when adjusting audio speed/length while retaining pitch of solo vocals versus music mixes. Cache in RAM provides an ultra-fast editing option that stores audio in RAM - avoiding disc access bottlenecks when working with large files and significantly increasing processing speed for many DSP operations.
- Multiple Delivery Tools: Peak Pro is widely used to prepare files for CD, web, video, game consoles, and other delivery formats. Version 6 adds new export capabilities while streamlining integration between other applications. Enhanced PQ sheet/text export generates user configurable playlist reports complete with track durations, indexes, CD-TEXT, and notes that can be printed, saved as .pdf, or exported as tab delimited text to ensure accurate reproduction and organization of playlist data. iTunes integration - Peak Pro 6 allows quick and easy export of playlist regions directly to iTunes while offering bi-directional drag-and-drop integration for individual songs and regions. Integrated Podcasting - many Podcast producers already employ Peak for its arsenal of recording, editing and processing power. Podcasts can be authored and uploaded directly from Peak Pro 6 as RSS feeds without requiring a separate Podcasting application. Default Save As stores frequently used file type, bit depth, and compression settings in the Save As dialog. Metadata audio file support - Peak Pro 6 offers comprehensive reading and writing of metadata (audio information stored within the file such as artist, title and SMPTE start time) for most major file types including Broadcast WAVE.
- User Interface Enhancements: Peak Pro 6 sports a sleek new user interface design featuring a global contrast control, scroll bars, and buttons. New high-resolution logarithmic meters with user configurable standard calibrations feature prominently in the new transport, and "magnetic" windows now snap together for optimal screen management. The included new Vbox effects and instruments matrix offers additional preset viewing and selection controls plus MIDI channel assignments. Additionally, the playlist offers an improved cross-fade control area along with a new stereo view and user adjustable waveform to list view ratio.
- Peak Pro Production Pack DVD: New retail purchases and select upgrades to Peak Pro 6 also include the Peak Pro Production Pack, a powerful ensemble of audio plug-ins, utilities, and high quality content - adding over $300 of value to an already feature rich release. Among the featured plug-ins are SoundSoap LE and Reveal LE - two powerful plug-ins from BIAS for audio restoration and analysis. The LE editions integrate exclusively with Peak on Mac OS X, while the retail editions are cross-platform and compatible with third-party AU, RTAS/AS, and VST hosts. Also included is WireTap Pro from Ambrosia for capturing system/internet audio with no loss of quality or additional cable connections, as well as a limited edition of AMG's "ONE" software sample player, a free 1-year membership to Broadjam.com, SFX Machine LT special effects plug-in, audio loops from PowerFX, production elements from Sound Ideas, and sound effects from Hollywood Edge and Frank Serafine, and more.
Pricing and Availability:
Peak Pro 6 is available now for $599 US SRP through authorized BIAS resellers and distributors worldwide and directly from BIAS.
Peak Pro XT 6 (includes Peak Pro 6, SoundSoap & SoundSoap Pro, Master Perfection Suite plus DDP 2.0 Export (new), will be available for $1199 US SRP.
For upgrade and cross-grade information, please visit the BIAS web site.