Steinberg has presented a technical preview at Frankfurt Musikmesse of its new CC121 Advanced Integration Controller. Offering dedicated maximum-quality hardware controllers and an innovative and flexible new controller concept, CC121 provides full Cubase 4 integration and control. CC121 will support Windows XP Windows Vista and Mac OS X, and will be available in Q3 2008.
Helge Vogt, Steinbergâ€™s Product Marketing Manager for Cubase, told us, â€œBuilt to an extremely high manufacturing and component standard, CC121 provides totally integrated tactile control of Steinbergâ€™s Cubase range of production systems, with a unique design architecture that keeps producers and musicians 100% focused on their Cubase project and the creative process. The revolutionary and ultra-flexible AI Knob combines with a range of dedicated controls that mirror Cubase 4 functions to offer a user-experience that is exhilaratingly fast and intuitive.â€�
The CC121 Advanced Integration Controller feature set includes:
- Ultra-precision Advanced Integration controller knob with â€˜point and controlâ€™ support: controls any visual Cubase 4 parameter, internal FX setting or VSTi parameter using mouse pointer selection
- Instant plug and play with â€˜Cubase Readyâ€™ LED â€“ no additional setup or parameter assigning required
- One motorized 100mm touch-sensitive fader
- Dedicated control of Cubase channel settings including solo/mute, record arm, â€˜eâ€™ settings button, automation read/write, pan and VSTi editor
- Full Cubase EQ section in hardware with 12 dedicated rotary encoders, with mode selection and bypass switches
- User-assignable section with Cubase-integrated presets for Control Room studio sends and monitoring setup.
Pricing and Availability:
CC121 will be available from Q3 2008. Pricing TBA.