Universal Audio has officially announced the web release of v4.10 software for the UAD Family of DSP Cardâ€™s & Powered Plug-Ins, as previewed here a couple of weeks ago. Version 4.10 includes 14-day fully functional demos of both the new VCA VU Compressor (a faithful emulation of the classic discrete dbx 160 VU compressor) and new Precision Enhancer kHz; a UA-developed multi-mode Enhancer using unique equalization and dynamic expansion technology.
Mike Barnes, UAâ€™s VP of Marketing, told us,â€œWe are continuing to rapidly expand our unique UAD plug-in portfolio with a two-pronged approach including a) cloning distinguished outboard classics from the historical archives such as the new VCA VU Compressor and b) innovating our own flavor of studio problem-solving utilities such as the Precision Enhancer kHz while keeping prices accessible to our project studio customers.â€�
Key VCA VU Compressor/Limiter Features:
- Plug-in emulation of the dbx 160, the very first solid-state VCA compressor
- Faithfully modeled, same simple control set of its analog counterpart
- Threshold, Compression and Output controls with VU meter mode selection
- Modeled from desirable â€˜non-monolithicâ€™ original design, adding unique nonlinearities
Key Precision Enhancer kHz Features:
Pricing and Availability:
- Modern enhancement tool for dull or poorly recorded tracks
- Designed for minimal repairs or drastic alteration
- Five enhancement modes ensure maximum versatility with the widest array of material
- Sensitivity control blends effected signal into original signal
- Sweepable high-frequency emphasis selection plus speed control for smooth or aggressive response
Registered UAD customers can purchase full authorizations of each plug-in at my.uaudio.com for US$149.