The new S2 Signature Series Dual Channel Tube Compressor is the latest product to emerge from Ivor Drawmerâ€™s high end designs and offers an â€˜all tube - no technical compromiseâ€™ circuit using only the highest grade components. Drawmer tell us that the S2 features a host of new creative processing possibilities never before found in an all analogue dynamics package.
Hereâ€™s all the details in their own words
- BIG- Retains bass frequencies and minimizes undesirable â€˜pumpingâ€™ by rolling off the detection signal at 75, 125 or 250Hz (user switchable). Afully variable level control allows for the desired amount of Big processing and an in/out switch provides the option to remove from the signal path for A/B comparison.
- BRIGHT- Adynamic high frequency enhancer to keep compressed audio sounding fresh and bright with continuously variable frequency control (500Hz to 20kHz) and amount of dynamic enhancement.
- DRY- Mixes user defined amount of â€˜uncompressedâ€™ signal with the compressed signal to create â€˜parallel compression effectâ€™ without the need for external mixing devices.
- 2 channel soft-knee tube compressor
- Fully balanced internal signal path
- Class A design
- Isolation transformers in and out
- â€˜Alltubeâ€™ circuit design
- Variable attack and release with optional â€˜programme dependentâ€™ auto release operation
- Dual mono or stereo link operation
- Switchable â€˜peakâ€™ or â€˜vuâ€™ metering to display transients
- Switchable +10db or +20db meter re-scale modes
- 8 segment gain reduction metering
- â€˜Bigâ€™ mode for retaining low frequencies
- â€˜Brightâ€™ mode for enhancing high frequencies
- â€˜Dryâ€™ mix mode for â€˜parallel compression effectâ€™
- Balanced XLR inputs/outputs
Pricing and Availability: