Expert Sleepers have updated their Augustus Loop delay effect plug-in to version 1.8.0.
Changes in version 1.8.0:
- New 6-in 6-out configuration of the plug-in, allowing audio to be routed through external processing either side of the virtual tape.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash in Logic 8 when opening a song containing multiple instances of Augustus Loop with their GUIs open.
Augustus Loop is an emulation of a tape-based delay effect, with some extra features to facilitate its use as a looping device. (If you're unfamiliar with the concept/genre of looping, pay a visit to www.loopers-delight.com).
The key features of Augustus Loop that make it more than just a big delay effect are:
- Really long maximum delay (3600 seconds - that's one hour).
- Tap length/tap record. You can set the loop delay time while recording your first phrase.
- Virtual tape. The delay simulates an old-style tape delay, meaning you can:
- change the tape speed (i.e. pitch up and down)
- reverse the tape direction
- stop the tape
- smoothly change the delay time (as if you were changing the head gap on a tape delay).
- Multimode filter and saturation in the feedback loop.
- Four feedback taps (left to left, left to right, right to left and right to right) with independent delay time and feedback settings, for ping-pong effects, stereo delays etc.
- Pitch and filter LFOs.
- Loop length can be set in terms of the host's tempo setting.
- The plug-in can output MIDI clock messages to synchronise other applications to its loop.
- Automatic fades up and down to allow smooth transitions in your playing. It can even automatically clear the loop for you once itâ€™s faded out.
- Host transport-syncâ€™d punch in and out when recording.
- â€˜Inertia freeâ€™ mode suppresses the tape-like behaviour when changing delay times to allow seamless transitions between loop lengths. (This is also the route to the popular â€˜multiplyâ€™ and â€˜divideâ€™ features found on some popular looping devices.)
- The â€˜Fx Loopâ€™ plug-in configuration allows you to route audio through other plug-ins either side of the â€˜virtual tapeâ€™, allowing you to insert your own effects in the delay loop. So you can just substitute your own filtering/saturation for Augustus Loopâ€™s own, or get really creative by inserting any plug-in you like in the delay.
Pricing and Availability:
Augustus Loop costs $29.00 USD, Â£15.77 GBP, 19.97 EUR