Linplug tell us that the PC version of SaxLab 2 is available now a Mac version will follow soon. All users who bought SaxLab 1 on first of December 2007 or later will be shipped a free SaxLab 2 upgrade license on 24th or 25th June. Upgrades are available here and Full Licenses are available from the Linplug store.
SaxLab ships with a much enhanced engine and new, high quality, multisampled soundsets of bass, baritone, tenor, alto and soprano saxophones.
Hereâ€™s all the details directly from Linplugâ€¦
Catch the spirit of Saxophones. SaxLab is the result of many years of investigation and programming. It uses not one technology, but a very carefully balanced mixture of various techniques, to obtain the most realistic sax sound you can get from a virtual instrument. Authenticy, Expression and Variation is a must to obtain believable sax sounds. SaxLab does it all, and is the best money can buy. Except a real sax player.
SaxLabâ€™s key features include an easy-to-use interface, a wide range of high-quality soundsets for bass, baritone, tenor, alto and soprano saxophone. An effects section that includes a specialized chorus and reverb, as well as extensive real-time modulation options.
Special attention has been paid to making the performance controls as rich and responsive as possible, so that the instrument can be realistically played.
Inspirational SoundSets combined with an easy-to-use interface make the LinPlug SaxLab the ideal virtual instrument for musicians wanting to emulate real saxophones.
- Many different sound sets for the various saxophone instruments
- Monophonic with â€œreal saxâ€� behaviour
- Adjustable mix of the â€œAirâ€� layer, the â€œKeysâ€� layer and the main tonal layer
- User-definable, velocity-sensitive amplitude envelope
- Tonal characteristics of the instrumentâ€™s overall sound can be defined by the user
- Real-time control of the instrumentâ€™s amplitude, bright- ness, the amount of room and the â€œroaringâ€� of the sound.
- Three modes of mono performance: Legato, Retrigger and Alternate
- Separate control of Up/Down PitchBend and Scoop
- Adjustable pitch, air and body frequency deviation per note
- Envelope, LFO and MIDI-controlled vibrato and tremolo
- Specialized stereo chorus and stereo reverb effects
- Full Micro Tuning capability (loads TUN files)
- MidiLearn available for every control
- Sample accurate timing, full automation and settings are saved with the song
Pricing and Availability:
PC version available for $199 USD / 149 Euro