Following on the success of the updated ICON D-Control ES worksurface, Digidesign has announced the newly-updated ICON D-Command ES worksurface, which features the same aesthetics as its larger sibling, but in a compact design. As an update to the original blue D-Command, the new D-Command ES has been stylishly enhanced with a darker color scheme as well as updated, higher contrast text and graphics for improved legibility in low light.
Digidesign tell us that, like other members of the ICON family, the new D-Command ES boasts unparalleled integration with industry-standard Pro Tools HD software, including complete recall of all session parameters, routing, and plug-ins. Expandable up to 24 faders, D-Command ES features dedicated central controls for editing EQ and Dynamics plug-ins, enabling mixers to make adjustments while monitoring in the â€œsweet spot.â€� It also provides per-channel control over many Pro Tools processing functions, routing, and automation modes.
- Exclusive ICON-only access to recording, editing, routing, mixing, automation, recall, and other Pro Tools HDÂ® functions
- Eight high-quality, touch-sensitive, motorized faders in base configuration; expandable to 24 faders/channels with optional 16-channel D-Command ES Fader Module
- Two touch-sensitive, multipurpose rotary encoders per channel strip, each with an LED ring, 6-character alphanumeric LCD, and tricolor automation indication LED
- 15 illuminated pushbuttons and one channel name display per channel strip
- Dedicated center section houses EQ and Dynamics controls for optimal monitoring while mixing
- Two 32-segment bargraph meters per channel; eight 32-segment bargraph meters in the master section
- Comprehensive onboard analog monitoring (up to 5.1 surround) and communications section with external, audiophile-grade electronics (XMON)
- Patent-pending Ethernet protocol provides high-speed connection between the console and Pro Tools mix engine
- Compact, ergonomic console design with espresso color scheme
- Updated text and graphics improves legibility in difficult studio lighting conditions
Pricing and Availability:
The ICON D-Command ES, which is currently available through authorized ICON dealers, has a manufacturer suggested retail price of $16,995 USD for the main unit. Additional 16-channel D-Command ES Fader Modules can be had for $14,995 USD each.
In addition to offering the new D-Command ES worksurface, Digidesign is also offering an 8 fader and a 24 fader D-Command ES Bundle that allow customers to save thousands of dollars by purchasing a complete ICON and Pro Tools|HD system bundle instead of buying the same items Ã la carte.