TASCAM has launched the GT-R1, a new portable recorder for guitar and bass players. Based on TASCAM's DR-1 recorder, the company say that the GT-R1 adds features from their groundbreaking guitar trainers for the ultimate songwriters sketchpad. A pair of built-in condenser microphones captures rehearsals and live shows, or musicians can plug directly into the instrument input to record with amp simulation and effects. The GT-R1 includes a rhythm player for instant inspiration, and a 1GB SD Card and rechargeable battery are included to get started right away.
Paul Jenkins, Vice President of Sales for TASCAM, told us, "TASCAM has once again redefined what a compact studio looks like. Many of us at TASCAM are guitar players who have dreamed of a high-quality songwriting tool like this. The GT-R1 can be used as a portable recorder, an instrument trainer, tuner, metronome and almost anything else musicians need."
- Portable stereo recording with built-in condenser microphones
- MP3 or WAV file recording, up to 48kHz/24-bit
- 1/4" Instrument input for Guitar or Bass
- Amp simulation and multi-effects
- Over 80 rhythm tracks in a variety of styles
- Overdub function allows users to record over an existing track
- Powered microphone input
- Low cut filter and analog limiter on input
- Loop and change the speed of music playback without changing the pitch to learn and transcribe new music
- Guitar and Bass canceller allows musicians to play along
- Includes 1GB SD Card and rechargeable battery
- USB 2.0 Connection to computer for file transfer and charging
- Optional AK-DR1 includes a tabletop stand, microphone clip and windscreen
Pricing and Availability: