For those who follow this kind of thing, you may remember we had an impressive demonstration from Mike Brown (prop. Livewire) of the new AFG module at this years Winter NAMM. The new AFG features include:
- 8 simultaneous waveform outputs
- A total of 27 distinct waveforms are possible
- Sub-octave with switchable square or sawtooth waveforms
- Unique Animated Pulse & Alien Saw waveforms
- Programmable â€˜Naturalâ€™ or â€˜Laboratoryâ€™ sine wave modes
- Alternate waveform set is activated on all outputs simultaneously with Matter/Anti-Matter switch
- Select between 2 different Anti-Matter waveform sets via pcb jumper
- 9 CV inputs, each with dedicated attenuators, with the exception of the two 1v/oct inputs
- 2 FM inputs, both switchable between linear & exponential
- Dedicated sync in/out
Even as I write, the first units are winging their way to dealers worldwide. These units are "Limited Edition", standard units are currently in production due early October. If you're quick, you may be able to get hold of one - they have special black and gold circuit boards.
The AFG module (as with all Livewire modules) fits in a Eurorack format and can be purchased for $399 of your earth dollars.
The Audio Frequency Generator is available from: