PreSonus has announced the release of a new FireStudio Driver (ver 3.3) for the FireStudio 26x26 FireWire recording system.
New Features of the new FireStudio Driver:
- Expanded Mix Mode â€“ Replaces DAW returns 11-18 with ADAT 2 1-8 for a total of 26 inputs in all 9 stereo mixers.
- 24 Quick route to monitors - Direct routing to Monitors and Phones from the mixer page.
- Auto route to monitors - Auto routes currently selected Mix tab to the user choice of Monitors or Headphones.
- Phase alignment when locking to external clocks has been further improved.
- Improved ASIO performance, particularly on multi-core systems.
- 26 simultaneous inputs and outputs
- ASIO streaming performance on Vista has been improved.
- ASIO clients are now allowed to change the buffer size using the ASIO API, but only if there are no other ASIO clients open.
- Improved support for the WASAPI driver mode in Vista.
- Added support to the ASIO driver's API so that an ASIO host can indicate that it will not attempt to change any parameters and therefore should not affect parameter locking.
- The operation mode settings available on OS X have been updated to match the settings available on Windows. On both platforms there are four modes available: Normal, and Safe Mode Levels 1 to 3.
- Driver Installer modified to install without reboot
Pricing and Availability: