Universal Audio has announced the shipment of the LA-610 Mk II Classic Tube Recording Channel, a feature enhanced, 2nd generation version of UAâ€™s most popular analog product. The preamp and compressor use the same signal path as the original LA-610 that users have come to know and love, and features the legendary 610 mic-pre and EQ section combined with an LA-2A style T4 opto-compressor. The LA-610 Mk II now offers key enhancements such as: true compressor bypass, larger metering, improved output signal performance, and the highly popular â€œblack on blackâ€� cosmetics of the LA-610 Signature Edition pictured above.
â€�Customer feedback was the key reason for the feature changes incorporated into the LA-610 Mk II,â€� said LA-610 Mk II Product Manager Will Shanks,â€œHowever, it was just as important to our users to not alter the sound of the original; Of course, both requests were granted.â€�
Hereâ€™s the details directly from UAâ€¦
The LA-610 Mk II packs tremendous sonic versatility and is an ideal front-end for tracking with modern DAWâ€™s and the serious project studio looking to get the UA sonic experience: Real quality and character at an accessible price. The LA-610 Mk II is based on the legendary console modules developed by Bill Putnam in the 60's. Noted for their musical character and warmth, countless classics from Sinatra to Van Halen were recorded using these preamps. After the preamp section, the LA-610 Mk II offers the T4 optical compressor. The simple operation and program dependent nature of the LA-610 T4 compressor provides the same extremely musical control that has made the LA-2A such a well-loved classic for over 40 years.
LA-610 Mk II KEY FEATURES:
Mk II IMPROVEMENTS:
- Based on Legendary Bill Putnam 610 Tube Mic Pre and EQ Used on Countless Recordings
- Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 Opto-Compressor
- Complete Vintage Channel-Strip at Groundbreaking Price Within Project Studio Reach
- Mic Pre with Gain and Level controls, Selectable Impedance and DI for Recording Tone â€œColorâ€�
- Mk II Features such as True Bypass, Larger Metering and Improved Signal Output
- UA Build Quality and Heritage, Audiophile Components, Hand-Assembled in the USA
- True Bypass of the Compressor Circuit
- Larger and Better Lit Metering
- Improved Output Signal Performance
- Auto-Sensing Universal Power Supply
- Improved stability with feedback-style shelving EQ
- Improved consistency with Input Gain values
- LED Jewel Light Never Needs Replacing
Pricing and Availability:
The LA-610 will have an MSRP of US$1999 and a MAP of US$1599.