Puremagnetik has released Digital Beatboxes - a collection of four old-school digital drum machines that helped define an era in hip-hop, rock and electronica. Included in this Micropak are models of the Korg DDD1, Alesis HR-16, Kawai R-50 and the rare Soviet Sound drum machine. Here's all the details directly from the Puremagnetik press release.
Customized for Ableton Live
The "Live Ready" version of Digital Beatboxes comes with over 60 drum loops and 18 individually customized drum kits. Each loop comes in Live Clip format facilitating maximum flexibility for beat production. All kits include customized Macros for easy editing along with unprocessed "classic" versions of each machine.
Customized for Kontakt & Logic
Digital Beatboxes for Kontakt and Logic comes with over 60 processed SIAL Apple Loops and a selection of customized kits. Drum programmers can also take advantage of the consolidated kit menus for individual sounds.
Digital Beatboxes Includes Models of the Following Machines:
- Korg DDD-1 A programmable drum machine from 1986. Includes 18 drum sounds with a famous 12-bit crunch.
- Alesis HR-16 One of Alesis's first drum machines manufactured in 1987. Includes over 40 unique drum and percussion sounds.
- Kawai R50 Legendary 12-bit sound from 1988! Includes a selection of over 20 dirty drum and percussion sounds.
- Sound A very rare Soviet era drum machine manufactured by Zhitomir electronic factory in 1989. Includes sampled percussion sounds with a tightly compressed flavor.
- Requires Ableton Live 7, Kontakt 3, Logic 8 or GarageBand
- 100 MB free hard drive space
- 500 MB of physical RAM
Pricing and Availability:
Basic Monthly Subscription: $5.75/Month
Basic Yearly Subscription: $60/Year
All Access Pass - $198/Year