Native Instruments today introduced the new Kontakt Player, a free software instrument based on the NI's Kontakt 3 sampler.
The new Kontakt Player provides universal playback functionality for a vast range of available Kontakt libraries, and is also the basis for a new category of “Kontakt-Powered” instruments.
- Kontakt Player accommodates all regular Kontakt-format libraries, as well as all generations of third-party Kontakt Player instruments.
- Player is based on the latest Kontakt 3.5 engine, and utilizes all its technological achievements including 64-bit support, extended memory addressing, advanced DFD streaming, true multiprocessor support, and more
- Kontakt Player provides comprehensive playback functionality with full Universal Import and convenient sound manipulation via the Performance View panels, and only omits the in- depth editing features of the full-featured Kontakt 3.5 version.
- All sound libraries are managed in a convenient graphical library browser.
- Player runs as a stand-alone application or as VST or Audio Units plug-in and as RTAS under Pro Tools™ 7/8
- Mac & PC compatible