112dB has announced that Redline Equalizer, a mastering-quality EQ plug-in with unique features, is now available in native RTAS/VST/AU format for Windows and Mac OS X. Here's what they have to say about it...
Redline Equalizer is a variable (from linear to beyond-analogue) phase EQ with eight fully decramped custom EQ algorithms, dual-mono and mid/side modes, automatic perceived pre/post loudness levelling, dynamic EQ, adjustable harmonic distortion, and adjustable gain/bandwidth dependency, Redline Equalizer allows for a fexibility and variety of sounds never before seen (or heard) in equalization. It can sound so pristine and transparent you'll wonder if it's even there, but also raw and dirty like a vintage piece of gear with serious coloration even at minimum settings.
- Five fully parametric EQ bands with up to 60dB of boost/cut; two bands switchable to high/low-shelving response with adjustable overshoot.
- Dedicated lowpass/highpass sections with selectable steepness from 6 to 48dB/oct.
- Eight selectable custom EQ algorithms with unique response characteristics.
- Fully de-cramped EQ response curves with center frequencies up to 28 kHz.
- Variable phase shift from 0% (linear phase) to 100% (analogue-style phase) and beyond.
- Mono, stereo, dual-mono and mid/side modes.
- Auto gain makeup for automatic leveling of pre/post perceived loudness.
- Powerful dynamic EQ functionality.
- Dedicated harmonic distortion section with separate Warmth and Punch controls.
- Customizable gain/Q dependency, individually selectable for cut and boost behavior.
- Zoomable EQ response display with built-in spectrum analyzer.
- Support for sample rates up to 384kHz.
- Full parameter automation.
Pricing and Availability:
Redline Equalizer is available immediately in RTAS/VST/AU format for Windows XP/Vista and Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and 10.5 (Leopard). The introductory price of 99 Euros (Europe) / $112 (worldwide) is valid through October 8, after which the regular price becomes .149/$169. An unrestricted 60-day evaluation version is available.