Waves has announced the latest entry in the Waves Signature Series, The Eddie Kramer Collection. These five application-specific plug-ins, with dedicated tools for guitar, drums, vocals, bass and effects, are the result of close collaboration between Waves' R&D team and legendary producer/engineer Eddie Kramer. Over the course of a production and engineering career that spans more than four decades, Eddie Kramer was the man behind the board for some of the biggest names in music history, including Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, The Beatles, David Bowie and many more. Now, with the Waves Eddie Kramer Collection, producers and engineers around the world have access to Kramer's personalized processing chains.
Here's the full details directly from Waves...
The only tools of their kind, the Signature Series is Waves' exclusive line of Application-Specific Audio Processors, created in collaboration with the world's top producers, engineers and mixing engineers. Each and every Signature Series plug-in has been precision-crafted to capture the artist's distinct sound and production style, using custom multi-effect processing chains designed by the artists themselves. For experienced and aspiring audio professionals alike, the Waves Signature Series streamlines the mixing process, delivering high-quality results, instantly.
The Eddie Kramer Collection plug-ins feature intuitive graphic interfaces, a retro-modern look, and optimized control ranges that deliver Kramer's distinctive, unmistakable sound. All five plug-ins feature complete all-in-one processing chains with 24 bit/96 kHz resolution; RTAS, Audio Suite, VST and AU support; and compatibility for both PC and Mac.
- Eddie Kramer Vocal Channel: The Vocal Channel plug-in features two vocal "Types": Vocals1, designed for classic rock vocals rich in dynamic range and intensity, and Vocals2, for gentler vocal performances with smoother, steadier levels. To Kramer, a good mix is achieved when the vocals and the rest of the track combine seamlessly and complement one another. In designing the Vocal Channel plug-in, Waves and Kramer have made it so that the user can position vocals within a mix, and then blend them back into the track, while retaining all their original clarity and presence.
- Eddie Kramer Drum Channel: The Drum Channel plug-in faithfully captures the essence of Kramer's drum sounds. Whether users are trying to achieve a huge Led Zeppelin-like sound, a dry and down-to-earth sound like the Rolling Stones, or need a heavily-compressed Hendrix-type sound, this is the plug-in that makes it possible, quickly and easily. Since there are individual modes for bass drums, snares, and so on, users can combine and create their own hybrid drum kits, using their favorite elements from each.
- Eddie Kramer Bass Channel: Like the Vocal Channel, the Bass Channel plug-in comes with two bass "Types": Bass1 is less compressed, for a more dynamic sound, and Bass2, with a higher level of compression for heavier sounds. This plug-in is designed to create a fat bass sound with a lot of presence that can cut through a mix without being overbearing. In general, the low-mid frequencies are accentuated, for maximum audibility on radio mixes. The Eddie Kramer Bass Channel makes these results easily attainable.
- Eddie Kramer Guitar Channel: The Guitar Channel plug-in features settings for lead guitars and two types of rhythm guitars. When it comes to lead guitar, Kramer strives to create what he calls a "living, breathing organism, creating a palpable sense of excitement within the mix." By combining the right amounts of EQ, compression, delay, reverb, and flange, these five elements, working together, deliver Kramer's ideal lead guitar sound. For rhythm guitar, Kramer tries to get it "in-your-face" as much as possible, without over-processing the sound with EQ. By using measured amounts of compression and spatial processing, the Eddie Kramer Guitar Channel ensures an up-front guitar sound.
- Eddie Kramer Effects Channel: The Effects Channel plug-in recreates some of the basic elements that Kramer uses whenever he mixes. Over the years, these elements have evolved to suit a variety of sources and styles, from whispering vocals to screaming guitars and beyond. The plug-in includes two types of delay: H-Slap is a shorter delay that emulates tape at 15 IPS (inches per second), with some EMT plate reverb at a medium setting; Z-Slap is a longer delay (7.5 IPS) with a bit of feedback and a longer setting on the EMT plate. "Between the two, you'll easily find the ideal setting for almost anything you can throw at it," notes Kramer.
The Waves Eddie Kramer Collection is available separately and in Waves Mercury. Mercury V6 owners covered by Waves Update Plan receive The Eddie Kramer Collection at no additional charge. The Eddie Kramer Collection is Native only, and it requires iLok authorization.
Pricing and Availability:
The Eddie Kramer Collection is now available with a U.S. MSRP of $800