PreSonus has released a demo version of Studio One, its new "complete music creation and production" application.
Studio One is a new DAW for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista designed to make audio recording, MIDI sequencing, and audio mastering "ridiculously simple".
- Elegant single-window work environment.
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality.
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels.
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player.
- Automatic delay compensation.
- Advanced automation.
- 32-bit processing.
- Easy-to-use sidechain routing.
- Stunning virtual instruments.
- User-friendly sampler.
- Intuitive MIDI-mapping system available.
- Real-time audio timestretching and resampling.
- K-System metering.
- Compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-, or Core Audio-compliant audio interface.
- Works with key commands from Pro Tools, Cubase, and Logic.
- Native Effects™ 32-bit effects library with 20 dynamics processors, reverbs, modulations effects, amp simulators, etc.
- Native Instruments Kore Player with 150 instruments.
- Native Instruments Guitar Rig LE.
- Toontrack EZDrummer Lite.
- Nearly 1,400 drum loops (1.4 GB!) by Bandmate™ Loops.
Details are available at the Prosonus site.