QuikQuak have released Crowd Chamber 2.0
Changes in Version 2.0
Crowd Chamber is an audio plug-in that layers multiple variations of a signal to create a crowd simulation. From simple chorusing effects, small crowds and stadiums, on to impossible situations and effects. When each voice is mixed, it is altered in varying time and spectral content, making unique versions of itself to create the illusion of different sources. With the additional spread function it can stretch out a single voice, which gives additional depth and complexity to the result. Once the concept had been created it became clear that Crowd Chamber could create far more than simple crowd scenes. Because of the feedback, wave cancellations, and simply the thousands of layers make it the perfect tool for creating strange and twisted effects. Crowd Chamber also follows QuikQuak's other plug-ins with a visual, hands on approach. There is also a fast randomisation feature for rapid crowd creation.
- New algorithm.
- The complex feedback system has now been replaced by simple global parameters.
- Global Spread dial stretches out each voice over time, used to create large crowds, or weird individual effects.
- Overall spectral shift control, for creating large global pitch effects.
- Huge reduction in CPU usage for large crowd simulations.
- Reduced initial delay for large crowds.
- Increased basic population value.
- Extra presets demonstrating new capabilities.
- Simplified GUI and clearer labelling.
- PDF manual added.
Crowd Chamber Features
- Can simulate small to a million voice crowds.
- Voices vary in spectral content and delay.
- The perfect new tool for sound design.
- LFO's for temporal changes in voices.
- Fast visual editing, with parameter randomisation functions.
- From simple chorusing effects, small crowds and stadiums, and on to impossible situations.
- Creates massive stereo sound washes, and extremely weird animal and sci-fi effects.
Pricing and Availability: