de la mancha tell us that their new GTO and GTX are a pair of vintage style 'character' compressors, designed like their muscle car name-sakes for brute power, pure speed and to make a loud noise. They say that these have everything you'd expect in a thorough-bred compressor, but are tuned for maximum control and ease of use, each with their own unique vintage colouring on top.
Here's the details directly from de la mancha...
GTO is a peak compressor, designed for raw power and lightning response. GTX has a smoother RMS delivery with further refinement in the shape of a knee control. They both feature super-fast attack and release times and have a wide range of threshold, ratio and output boost, so they can cover everything from subtle correction to death-by-compression, with everything in between. With an external sidechain, wet/dry mix for NY compression and a hard limiter too, you can really push these babies to get pumping bass and block-rockin' beats. The metering covers input, output and gain reduction, showing real-time and peak levels.
- Vintage style Peak and RMS compressors with external sidechain, parallel compression and comprehensive metering
- Subtle colouring from a home-made blend of harmonics, saturation and noise
- Internal or external sidechain routing
- Wet/Dry mix control allows phase-free blending of dry uncompressed signal for NY style parallel compression
- RMS window can be set for smooth cruising or sharp response [GTX only]
- Knee amount can be changed from gentle curve to sharp edge [GTX only]
- Stereo input detection can be linked or unlinked
- Distortion reduction for very short release times
- Optional hard limiting on final output
- Metering covers stereo input, output and gain reduction. All meters show actual and peak levels
- Non-linear knobs for precise control at small values
- Presets covering all functions and different configurations
Pricing and Availability: