Steinberg has released a status update on compatibility for its current product range and technologies with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Windows 7:
- The Cubase line of products will fully support both Windows 7 and Snow Leopard with an update release in mid-December 2009 for Cubase 5, Cubase Studio 5, Cubase Essential 5 and Cubase AI 5. This update will be a maintenance update to 5.1.1.
- The Cubase LE 4 and Cubase AI 4 versions have been tested and certified for Windows 7, with no further updates required. A Snow Leopard-compatible update will also be released in December.
- The Steinberg developers are currently working on a Windows 7 compatible update for the WaveLab family of products. No release date has been announced.
- Nuendo 4 version is compatible with both Windows 7 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
- Sequel 2 is certified to be fully Windows 7 compatible, with no further updates required. An update for full compatibility with Snow Leopard will be released in mid-December.
- Steinberg has announced a set of updates to the hardware products CC121, MR816 CSX/X and CI2, which will offer support for both Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6. These updates will be released simultaneously with the Cubase and Sequel updates in December.
- VST instruments HALion 3.5, HALion Symphonic Orchestra 1.5, HALion Player 3, The Grand 3 and Groove Agent 3 have been certified as compatible with Windows 7, with no further updates required. HALion 3.5 is already fully compatible with Snow Leopard, but the remaining VST instruments require an update the release date of which still needs to be determined.
- Virtual Guitarist 2, Virtual Bassist and Hypersonic 2 have also been certified as compatible with Windows 7.