The new Eleven Rack Hardware Guitar Porcessor from Digidesign has been getting a lot of coverage since it was announced in November. With its DSP powered amp and pedal simulations, the fact that it works as the interface with ProTools LE - it comes bundled with LE 8 makes it a self contained guitar recording system.
However, for those who don't work in that world, Eleven Rack works as a stand-alone guitar processor integrating with your existing amp so and pedals for live work - just hoik it out of the studio rack and into your live one, complete with tuners and many other goodies.
- Unique True-Z auto-impedance matching guitar input
- Incredible emulations of classic guitar amp tones inspired by Fender®, Vox®, Marshall®, Soldano, and Mesa/Boogie® amps*
- Refined collection of sought-after classic stompbox tones inspired by effects from MXR®, Electro-Harmonix®, Ibanez®, ProCo, Univox®, and more*
- Powerful collection of studio-quality rackmount effects processors
- Convolution-based cabinet emulations deliver unprecedented realism in cabinet tones
- Convolution-based microphone emulations inspired by classic dynamic, condenser, and ribbon mic designs
- Integrated FX loop switchable to incorporate existing mono or stereo rack and stompbox effects
- Controllable via MIDI controllers and expression pedals
- Built-in tuner
- Tap-tempo control of time-based effects
- High-speed USB 2.0 connection
- Supports up to 8 simultaneous channels of high-resolution recording up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Stereo balanced XLR outputs and dedicated 1/4” outputs
- XLR mic input with 48V phantom power and pad switch
- 2 x 1/4” line-level inputs
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital I/O
- Stereo 1/4” headphone jack
- 1 x 1 MIDI I/O
Our resident axe wielding maniac Rob Chappers aka The Monkey Lord, took a look at Eleven Rack from a live point of view - being the "valves and cloth front" kinda guy he is, we thought it would be interesting to confront him with this virtual reality guitar setup.
RRP £789 MSRP $1295