D16 Group has announced Phoscyon 1.8.0 - the first version of their bass synth to support AudioUnits:
We'd like to announce that long awaited update of Phoscyon 1.8.0 is out now. This is the first fully compatible AudioUnit version and update of VST version, that come with many new features and improvements.
- 2 authentically emulated analog oscillators (saw/square)
- screaming 18db/oct low pass filter with absolutely no self oscillation
- filters equipped with transistor amplitude clipping
- perfectly scaled knob ranges
- additional synthesis controls expand the synthesizer's range
- built-in arpeggiator:
- 7 predefined chords and 1 user definable chord
- arpeggiator tempo multiplier (1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 6)
- arpeggiator repeat feature
- 4 arpeggiation patterns (Up, Down, Up-Down, Random)
- defined offsets of octaves to work with
- built-in distortion effect (equivalent to a transistor amplifier with equalization):
- tailored for the Acid Bassline sound!
- equipped with signal routing (Dist <=> Eq)
- several Programming options:
- internal sequencer (128 patterns, each pattern up to 16 steps, each step defined with Note, Gate, Accent, and Slide values)
- external mode (compromise)
- play Live mode
- powerful randomizer:
- generates patterns from user defined range of notes, user defined chords or predefined chords (Major, Minor, 7th, m7th, M7, m7-5, DIM)
- generates random values for Note, Gate, Accent, and Slide attributes
- allows user to define attribute frequency
- fully controllable via MidiCC
- precise synchronization with host sequencer
Audio demos are available at the D16 site.
Pricing and Availability
Phoscyon is available now for Windows VST and Mac AU & VST for 59.00 Euro.