Cakewalk has released a free update for Sonar 8.5 Producer and Sonar 8.5 Studio.
The Sonar 8.5.3 update is focused on AudioSnap 2.0, providing usability enhancements, optimizations, and overall improved stability when performing complex audio timing tasks.
The SONAR 8.5.3 AudioSnap Update Features:
- Improved stability
- Improved rendering quality and functionality
- Improved tempo detection algorithm and new option to set clip tempo to original project tempo
- Improved Clip Tempo Maps functionality
- New resolution settings to set tempo changes on every beat, measure or clip
- Auto stretch mode added to Clip Follows Project command, emulates AudioSnap auto-stretch behavior
- New Extract Groove and Apply Groove buttons to match the groove of one clip to another
- Snap Settings can now be used to snap both audio and MIDI events to audio transients in selected tracks
In addition, the update addresses some bug fixes and other improvements. Details are available at the Cakewalk site.
Pricing and Availability
Registered Sonar 8.5 Producer, Sonar 8.5 Studio, and V-Studio 700 customers can download the Sonar 8.5.3 AudioSnap Update for free.