MusicDevelopments has introduced RapidComposer, described as "non-destructive, parametric phrase-based music composition software."
RapidComposer offers tools designed to make the composition process more productive:
- EXTENSIVE DATABASES of scales, chords, chord progressions, phrases, instruments, song templates
- INTUITIVE EDITOR with incredible editing capabilities where you can edit the structure, chords, phrases and all other aspects of the composition in a non-destructive way. All phrases and notes automatically conform to the current chord and scale.
- TOOLS for generating phrases, creating sophisticated motifs using the dozens of built-in phrase variations, assigning chord progressions, manually editing phrases and chord progressions, filling lines/verses with phrases and variations, even generating a multi-track composition based on your rules!
- VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS - you can use your existing VSTi plugins and soundfont (.sf2) files
- Extensive scale, chord, guitar chord and chord progression databases
- Taggable instrument database of all MIDI, VSTi and SF2 presets in one place
- Phrase database to store reusable phrases
- Variations to apply to phrases
- Non-destructive editing
- Master track with chords
- Movable, resizable and transposable smart phrases
- 2 phrase transposing modes
- 4 phrase resizing modes
- Phrase generators
- Rhythm generators
- Idea Tool
- Sophisticated tools to add phrases, variations, change structure and more
- 2D view of the composition with structure editor
- History with unlimited undo and different versions of the same composition
Pricing and Availability
RapidComposer is available now for US $395 (Introductory price).