Native Instruments has released version 4.1 of Kontakt and Kontakt Player, adding background loading and true 64 bit support:
- The new background loading feature improves your workflow: It makes opening large instruments fast, enabling you to play nearly immediately – without having to wait for all samples to be loaded.
- This update also delivers 64 bit support for Mac, Vista and Windows 7. KONTAKT 4.1 can use virtually unlimited amounts of memory, which turns working with even the largest libraries into a pleasure. In other words: The times of 32 bit audio unit bridges in your 64 bit host are definitely over.
New In Kontakt 4.1:
- Intelligent background sample loading.
- Extended sample search and replacement functions.
- Improved database browser performance.
- New “Lock” function for QuickLoad browser.
- New “Mirror Folder Structure” mode for batch compression.
- Mac OS X 64bit AudioUnit version.
- New Help menu in all plugin versions.
- Playback issues in Sonar and other hosts with 48 kHz or higher samplerate fixed.
- Crackles when playing libraries in .ncw format on CPUs without SSE2 fixed.
- Crash when importing EXS files saved with Logic 9.x fixed.
- Occasional MemoryServer freezes on Mac OS X fixed.
- Various other fixes.
Pricing and Availability
The 4.1 update for Kontakt and Kontakt Player is now available for download via Service Center.